Divorce Mediation in California
Find the Resolutions You Need Through Mediation
There are essentially two different kinds of divorce:
- Contested divorce: When the various terms of your divorce cannot be agreed upon or when one party does not want to divorce.
Uncontested divorce: Occurs when both parties are in agreement regarding the need for divorce and the process by which they will go through it. They are also in agreement regarding the various terms of divorce. If a couple pursuing an uncontested divorce disagrees about something, then they can compromise to come to an agreement on their own or through mediation.
Why choose mediation for my divorce?
If you are going through uncontested divorce, then you may greatly benefit from the option of divorce mediation:
- Alternative to Courtroom Litigation – Mediation allows you to avoid trial. You will be able to speed the process along if you can agree upon the various terms of your divorce. The major benefit of this option is that the process is generally faster and, therefore, less expensive.
- Better Custody & Visitation Is Likely – You may end up with better circumstances regarding custody and visitation rights than if you had to fight for these in court.
- You Make the Decisions – Mediation allows you to make the decisions regarding your family, rather than turning them over to the judge.
- Less Stress and Trauma – When children are involved, pursuing the option of mediation can provide for a less tense situation and may help make the transition smoother for them.
- Minimal Contention – Many couples experience less animosity in their relationship and are able to behave civilly during visitation or other meetings. They are also able to keep greater privacy, rather than having their situation out in the open.
If you and your spouse choose to go this route, then you will both need to agree to pursue divorce mediation. You will also work together to select a mediator. Through this process, you can reach a full and legal divorce. It can open the doors for communication. Also, negotiations will be facilitated so that amicable terms can potentially be reached. Finding terms that you both can agree on now can also help you and your spouse to work together in the future when necessary.
Mediators in Roseville, CA: Helping you & Your Family
Facing divorce can be an extremely difficult process, and it is important that you have skilled representation on your side to aggressively fight for your rights. At the Law Offices of Frank F. Ali, we are dedicated to providing skillful representation, we have a long history of success in the cases that we have handled, and we can put this experience to work for you. We know how to assist you through your divorce and we can work to ensure that you are not being taken advantage of by your ex-spouse or his / her attorney. We can also assist in other various family law matters. Seek the legal representation of our Roseville divorce lawyer in your case today!