How Is Spousal Support Calculated?
Get Answers from a Roseville Divorce Lawyer
Obtaining a fair amount of spousal support requires you to retain a
Roseville family law attorney who understands California spousal support laws and guidelines. Attorney Frank F. Ali is a dedicated
divorce attorney and is highly familiar with how spousal support is calculated. The Law Offices of Frank F. Ali can provide relentless representation as you seek to obtain a fair court order for spousal support.
Spousal Support Guidelines in California
According to California Family Code § 4320, family law courts consider the following factors when deciding the amount of spousal support for any given case:
- The extent to which the earning capacity of each party is sufficient to maintain the standard of living established during the marriage
- The extent to which the supported party contributed to the attainment of an education, training, career, or license by the supporting party
- The ability of the supporting party to pay spousal support, taking into account the supporting party's earning capacity, earned and unearned income, assets, and standard of living
- The needs of each party based on the standard of living established during the marriage
- The obligations and assets, including the separate property, of each party
- The duration of the marriage
- The ability of the supported party to engage in gainful employment without unduly interfering with the interests of dependent children in the custody of the party
- The age and health of the parties
- Documented evidence of any history of domestic violence between the parties or perpetrate by either party against either party's child
- The immediate and specific tax consequences to each party
- The balance of the hardships to each party
Why do I need a lawyer for spousal support?
The only way you can be certain of obtaining or paying fair spousal support is if you have a seasoned Roseville divorce lawyer by your side. The other spouse will likely fight for a court order that leans toward their interests, which is why you need an attorney to fight for your interests and a fair support order. The Law Offices of Frank F. Ali can provide the effective representation that you need. Call now at (916) 745-8444 to schedule a consultation!